Sunday, October 11, 2009

A dangerous, yet interesting Trojan

I discovered the trojan called Win32/Jpgiframe.A on my computer. This is despite all the protection I have. This trojan infects a graphics component; thus the name jpg.

The description says many people can't tell they have the trojan. However, my wife said she couldn't print to my networked printer. That was suspicious. So I ran the new Windows Security Essentials virus software and it found the trojan.

Details about this trojan and how to detect and avoid it are found here.

I should note that the trojan was on my backup pocket drive. So... I'm checking ALL my computers. I'll let you know if I find anything.

What this means is that if you "save" a web page, you're at risk of loading the trojan. What will they think of next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF