Monday, June 12, 2017

An Internet of Things (IoT) Router for the Home

Over the years I've discussed routers in several posts. Most recently I talked about the need for a total house router that will protect your Internet of Things (IoT) Technically, I'm not really discussing the Internet of Things, but the Intranet of Things, ie, the stuff connected to your internal network, or Intranet.)

This kind of router is the Next Generation Firewall (NGFW).  I've said that I could not find a router or firewall that was in the "home" price range; they were all $1000 or more and always stand-alone firewalls.

Norton has come out with a home solution.  It is called the Norton Core Router (Amazon link) .  I do not have this router.  However, the literature reads like this device has the functions required to protect your IoT.  You should take a look at it, especially if you are in a "greenfield" environment, such as a new home or small business, or you are replacing your router because you are changing providers.  Again, a disclaimer... I haven't used this device.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF