Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Battle Between the TV Service Providers and the Networks

This morning I was watching Fox news and a black crawler appeared at the bottom of the screen, under the usual news crawler.  It said something to the effect that Dish might cancel Fox News this week end.  It advocated going to a web site to tell Dish that you don't want Fox News cancelled.

To tell the truth, it crossed my mind that this was somebody's hack.  Wow, good technology, but really dangerous:  Sci Fi stuff.

So I googled and found that there really is an issue that involves multiple networks and the TV Service providers.

I know that Newsmax may not be high on your list of news websites, but it does have a succinct article on the situation.  Here is the url:  http://www.newsmax.com/us/dish-network-fox-news/2014/12/15/id/613194/.
PS:  I don't have an opinion one way or the other on this article, but I will have an opinion if Dish is playing politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF