Thursday, June 18, 2009

Proflowers.com’s “scam”

We recently wanted to send flowers to a sick relative and, since our experience with Proflowers at another time was good, Chris decided to use them. 

A couple of days later I saw a charge on my credit card for $1.95 from “Easy Saver” 

(If you don’t use Quicken’s update mechanism for accounts, you should.  I can set you up.  Give me a call.  I see any transactions logged to any of my accounts the next day.  This gives me time to contest any problems even before receiving my statement.  Last fall I caught an identify thief before any damage was done.)

I’ll make a long story short:  I typed easy saver into Google and quickly hit upon the http://www.complaintsboard.com web site.  It gave me all the info I needed on this and another scam being run by Proflowers.  Well, let me be clear… technically, it wasn’t a scam, since all the “small print” was somewhere on the web page or on a document linked to the web page.  However, the way the web page is organized, a good many people won’t see the “warning signs” and will be “caught.” 

The details are in the messages on the complaintsboard site.  The bottom line is:  if you order from Proflowers, do not follow any links that offer “free” shipping on your next order or a “free” coupon for some amount off on your next order.  If you follow the link, you will automatically have your credit card charged for as much as $14.95 a month for forever.  Proflowers has a very funny relationship with this Easy Saver company and other front companies related to Easy Saver.  Proflowers automatically sends these other companies your credit card information and Easy Saver starts charging your card.  So…. Buyer Beware. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF