Thursday, January 17, 2019

SC Drivers License goes to Federal ID called Real ID

By Oct of next year (2020) all those who travel or have to relate to federal government entities in person with the requirement to show your ID will need a special new driver's license called Real ID... The DMV calls it the Federal ID when they talk about it.  This means, even if you don't have to renew your license for a while, you should go to the nearest dmv and renew your license, "upgrading" it to Real ID.  This isn't necessary if you don't travel, etc, but most everybody I know will need to do it.  Better now than when the rush comes later this year.  I will be traveling later, and my license will expire just about when I get back, so I got mine.  It took 20 minutes total and $25 with cash or check.  The details are at http://www.scdmvonline.com/Driver-Services/Drivers-License/REAL-ID

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF