Thursday, April 20, 2017

McAfee comments- especially for readers who were using AT&T Security and have moved on

AT&T offered a free security suite that was actually McAfee.  I used that suite on my computers and found it worked fine.  (I run Malwarebytes every now and then.)  I was on the AT&T DSL Internet plan.  I recently switched to a cable company.  The AT&T security suite license terminated.  So, what to do?  I could click on the button McAfee provided to get a new subscription to the same service but, even with a "discount," the cost was not what I wanted.

So, I went to Amazon and typed in antivirus.  I found among the results McAfee Antivirus Plus.  That seemed to have all the features I wanted.  Some of the higher function options, such as McAfee Total Protection, included services I don't need because I like Malwarebytes and CCleaner for those functions.  Surprisingly, or NOT, Amazon offers a 14 license package of Antivirus Plus for $9.99.  (I just looked again and the comparable offer today is 10 licenses for $9.99.  I guess features vary from day to day.)  Anyway, that's a good deal.  This license package will cover my computers, tablets, and smartphones.  I use Lookout on my Smartphone, but there are others in the household that can use a license as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF