Monday, November 23, 2015

How to add a new user to your Windows 10 device

Today I wanted to add a new user to my Windows 10 machine.  On the "normal" Windows 10 Settings for adding a user, I could NOT find a way to add a local user.  The only options available required adding a Microsoft account.  You know I don't like those accounts because it logs you into the Microsoft Cloud at login and I don't use Microsoft.  Early on, it was frustrating because the login took so much time.  That's how I discovered the Local User option, which works like a pre Windows 8 user account.  That's the way to go if you don't want to be just a client to the Microsoft Cloud.

Anyway, Microsoft help was no help.  It was wrong!  But I did find a web page that definitely works.  So go here if you want to create a new user account on Windows 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF