Monday, July 13, 2015

Fix-My-Computer Dude Update

In a previous blog entry I described the Fix-My-Computer Dude scam.  This scam and many others like it have "technicians," supposedly from Microsoft, calling to tell you that they have detected a problem on your computer.  You let them on your computer, show you "problems" and then try to get you to buy a service, perhaps up to $300/year.  If you balk, then some scammers will start a program that destroys the data on your hard drive. (This doesn't necessarily happen with the Fix-My-Computer group.)

Well, there is more to the story.  After I published the blog entry, I got comments that extolled the virtues of "Fix-My...".  Apparently, the outfit has people trolling the internet for negative comments and they try to "correct" the misconception.  For your entertainment, here is a screen shot of their comments:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF