Tuesday, October 29, 2013

More on Improving Communication Services

One of my readers sent me a link to this article.  It discusses why the US internet service is so expensive.  It does provide insight.  On the other hand, I don't believe government involvement, through regulation or otherwise, at least at the national level, will do any good.  My belief is it will make any situation worse because one size does not fit all and when the government gets involved, there are always unintended consequences that dwarf the benefits.

We, as informed consumers, should drive the solution, which is what I am starting to do.  I'm working to contact a person in AT&T who has the knowledge and role to seriously consider network configurations.  I would like to do the same with Verizon.  Anyone who knows of an individual that fits the need, please let me know.  Our neighborhood associations have been involved with this and should eventually become the primary contacts regarding any solution.  Because I do have the knowledge and incentive, my objective is to find the right person(s) in a AT&T and Verizon to act as an interface.  This blog is an open letter that will be an incentive for these companies to take us seriously.  I have many readers around the world (thank you all) and this issue will get visibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF