Monday, November 26, 2012

Computer Dust Covers a Great Christmas Gift

As I help folks with their computers, I've noticed many computers are "dirty" inside.  The fans are covered with lint, pet hair, and dust, as are the air ports and, to me, the most dangerous, the cooling fins of the computer processor (CPU) itself.  This "dirt" can, at its extreme, be a fire hazard and actually "burn out" your computer.

I make it a point, when I look inside a computer case, to clean it using an air can.  (I get six air cans at a time at Costco.  It is one of my most used tools.)  However, there is another alternative that is preventive:  a dust cover for your computer.  These covers are "breathable" and remain on your computer as a filter.

Google "computer dust cover(s)."  I didn't find them on Amazon, but a number of companies sell them.  Note that you should know take the dimension of your tour to purchase the correct cover size.

This makes a great Christmas stocking stuffer.  If you don't know the size, then give a note promising one computer dust cover.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. Computer parts and accessories seem like a nice idea for a holiday gift. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF