Sunday, May 13, 2012

Easus Backup Utility Free Ads

I've recommended EASEUS ToDo Backup Free.  This is a free version of this very good file and hard drive backup utility.  Something has changed in the way it works and, every time I reboot my computer I get the following ad:
It is a nuisance.  I've tried turning it off without turning of EaseUS and I haven't yet found a way to do it.  I've just downloaded a new version, so I'll have to work on it.  In the meantime, I can't recommend EaseUS for a running, automatic backup utility.  It is still good as an hard drive backup utility.  In that case, you run EaseUS at the time you want to create drive backup.

(The purpose of a drive backup is to save an "image" of your hard drive, especially the current operating system state and all the programs you have installed.  Once you have this, if you get infected with spyware and it can't be easily removed OR your hard drive fails, you can load this image and be back to the point of time when you created the image, instead of the time when your computer was shipped.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF