Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Which Browser Is More Secure?

Read a good article (here) on browser security.  This is focusing on the capability of browsers to protect you from infected web sites and downloading infected apps.  IE was the best of the bunch- overwhelmingly so.  I use Chrome for my everyday browsing, Firefox on occasion for some of its fancy features, and IE when I’m going to specific Microsoft web sites.  I've found IE is the most “fragile” of the browsers:  from time to time it will fail in a big way and when I go to one of the other two browsers, everything works fine.  In fairness, on occasion, where the site has been designed especially for IE, I find that Chrome and Firefox will break and I have to use IE.

A key point made in the article is that the testing was done on IE 9.  IE 9 is OK, but the author emphasized the need to move to IE 9 if you haven’t done so.  Search for “IE 9 download” and make sure you are at a Microsoft or cnet site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF