Friday, February 12, 2010

Healthcare record automation

Many of you have had the experience of visiting a doctor’s office where the nurses and doctors enter your financial and perhaps medical information in “real-time” on a computer.  I want to focus on the medical part:  called the “patient visit.”  The general term for the software is EMR, or Electronic Medical Record.  I have a number of years of experience in this area and want to make myself available to you to answer any questions you might have.   And you should have questions, because the government is going to make every doctor use this technology, one way or another.  I can give both the pros and cons to various things that are happening, so send me your questions.  In the meantime, I will use this blog to post some background information on the government effort and on the technology itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF